Documenting the American South Logo
Loading
Collections >> The First Century of the First State University >> Guide to Images >> Person Hall
Person Hall

Person Hall

Person Hall, built 1796-1798, served as the College Chapel and unofficial meeting hall for the university and the town of Chapel Hill until Gerrard Hall was completed in 1837. Image from the North Carolina Collection Photographic Archives, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Library; copy of original photograph owned by the Chapel Hill Historical Society.