Documenting the American South Logo
Loading
Legend Informational Note
See the Page Image
     Mouseover Available
Title: Board of Trustees Minutes, January 10, 1835 [Containing Resolutions Regarding the Observatory and the Graveyard]: Electronic Edition.
Author: University of North Carolina (1793-1962). Board of Trustees
Funding from the University Library, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill supported the electronic publication of this title.
Text transcribed by Bari Helms
Images scanned by Stephanie Adamson
Text encoded by Stephanie Adamson
First Edition, 2007
Size of electronic edition: ca. 12K
Publisher: The University Library, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
2007
© This work is the property of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. It may be used freely by individuals for research, teaching and personal use as long as this statement of availability is included in the text
The electronic edition is a part of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill digital library, Documenting the American South.
Languages used in the text: English
Revision history:
2007-02-02, Stephanie Adamson finished TEI/XML encoding.
Source(s):
Title of collection: Records of the Board of Trustees of the University of North Carolina (#40001), University Archives, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Title of document: Board of Trustees Minutes, January 10, 1835 [Containing Resolutions Regarding the Observatory and the Graveyard]
Author: [University of North Carolina (1793-1962). Board of Trustees]
Description: 1 page, 1 page image
Note: Call number 40001 (University Archives, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill)
Editorial practices
The text has been encoded using the recommendations for Level 5 of the TEI in Libraries Guidelines.
Originals are in the University Archives, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Original grammar, punctuation, and spelling have been preserved.
DocSouth staff created a 600 dpi uncompressed TIFF file for each image. The TIFF images were then saved as JPEG images at 100 dpi for web access.
Page images can be viewed and compared in parallel with the text.
Any hyphens occurring in line breaks have been removed, and the trailing part of a word has been joined to the preceding line.
All quotation marks, em dashes and ampersand have been transcribed as entity references.
All double right and left quotation marks are encoded as ".
All single right and left quotation marks are encoded as '.
All em dashes are encoded as —.
Indentation in lines has not been preserved.

For more information about transcription and other editorial decisions, see the section Editorial Practices.
Board of Trustees Minutes, January 10, 1835 [Containing Resolutions Regarding the Observatory and the Graveyard]
University of North Carolina (1793-1962). Board of Trustees



Page 3
Raleigh 10 January 1835
The Executive Committee met

present

On Motion of Dr. McPheeters
Judge Cameron was appointed Chairman of this Committee.
On Motion,
David Francis Bacon of Connecticut was duly appointed Tutor of Ancient Languages in the University in the place of William H. Owen resigned.
The Report of a Committee of the Trustees in relation to the Observatory & burying ground at Chapel Hill which was, by an order of the Board of the 2nd. January inst. referred to this Committee, was taken up & considered when on motion of Mr. Nash
Resolved that the Treasurer of the Board be authorized & directed to pay to Dr. Joseph Caldwell the sum of Four hundred & Ninety four dollars & seventy one cents ($494 71/100) to reimburse him the Cash expended in the erection of the Observatory and in enclosing the said Grave yard.

Committee adjourned.