Documenting the American South Logo
powered by google
Legend Informational Note
See the Page Image
     Mouseover Available
Title: Plan of the Village at the University With the Adjoining Lands Belonging to the Institution, [Between 1797 and 1812]: Electronic Edition.
Author: No Author
Funding from the University Library, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill supported the electronic publication of this title.
Text transcribed by Bari Helms
Images scanned by Imaging and Photographic Services, Wilson Library, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Text encoded by Brian Dietz
First Edition, 2005
Size of electronic edition: ca. 8K
Publisher: The University Library, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
2005
© This work is the property of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. It may be used freely by individuals for research, teaching and personal use as long as this statement of availability is included in the text
The electronic edition is a part of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill digital library, Documenting the American South.
Languages used in the text: English
Revision history:
2006-03-02, Brian Dietz finished TEI/XML encoding.
Source(s):
Title of collection: University of North Carolina Papers (#40005), University Archives, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Title of document: Plan of the Village at the University With the Adjoining Lands Belonging to the Institution, [Between 1797 and 1812]
Author: No Author
Description: 1 page, 1 page image
Note: Call number 40005 (University Archives, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill)
oclc: 27188892
Editorial practices
The text has been encoded using the recommendations for Level 5 of the TEI in Libraries Guidelines.
Originals are in the University Archives, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Original grammar, punctuation, and spelling have been preserved.
Page images can be viewed and compared in parallel with the text.
Any hyphens occurring in line breaks have been removed, and the trailing part of a word has been joined to the preceding line.
All quotation marks, em dashes and ampersand have been transcribed as entity references.
All double right and left quotation marks are encoded as ".
All single right and left quotation marks are encoded as '.
All em dashes are encoded as —.
Indentation in lines has not been preserved.

For more information about transcription and other editorial decisions, see the section Editorial Practices.
Plan of the Village at the University With the Adjoining Lands Belonging to the Institution, [Between 1797 and 1812]
No Author



Page 1


                            
                             note=Shows town lots with names included; shows locations of Main Building (South Building), Steward's house, President's house, chapel, Franklin Street, and a "Grand Avenue." Identified by Archibald Henderson as "drawn some time between 1797 and 1812 by an unknown person. At lower right is a partial list of the purchasers at the sale of 1793."; spatial=Chapel Hill, Orange County, North Carolina; coordinates=35.94725 N, 79.07378 W; size=30 x 37 cm; file format=JPEG; spatial resolution=100;
Plan of the Village at the University with the adjourning Lands belonging to the Institution

No 6. 4 acres bot by Andrew Burk, mercht of Hillsboro for £75 = $150
No 3. 4 acres, by same = $100
" 14. 2 acres, bot by Samuel Hopkins of Orange Co. for $66
" 5. 4 acres, bot by John G. Rencher, $74 ½ Rencher, of Chatham Co.
" 19. Same — $77
" 20. Same $77
" 12. Hardy Morgan $150
" 4. James Patterson, Chatham Co. — $95
" 5. Same $122
" 11. Geo. Johnston — $142.